Muskoka, Beautiful Muskoka
Feast your eyes on endless views of towering pines and soaring granite cliffs. Marvel at abundant glistening lakes, sparkling rivers and churning waterfalls. Breathe in the magnificent countryside that offers unparalleled Canadian scenery and limitless recreational activities.
This is cottage country. This is Muskoka.
Friendly towns and villages offer carriage trade shopping, world class entertainment and events, diversified culture, charming artisans and hospitable service. Championship golf clubs pepper the countryside. Fine dining establishments delight gourmands with sumptuous meals served on lakeside decks and in historic buildings. Soothing spas restore vitality after busy days of outdoor play.
And despite the activities that can be enjoyed in Muskoka, it is the quiet that makes it even more magical. It’s a place to see a true night sky, to sit with a child on your lap to watch for shooting stars, to be awoken by the lonely call of a loon, and where the whisper of the wind through the trees caresses the mind and body.
It’s where time seems to stand still, and where you can still have time for yourself.
There Is Something To Do In Every Season At The Cottages At Windermere And In Muskoka
- Boating on Lake Rosseau and other Muskoka lakes.
- Canoeing, kayaking, wakeboarding, windsurfing, sailing, power boating, paddle boating, cruising … and more!
- Farmers’ Markets
- Cycling on country roads and challenging trails
- Fishing on sparkling Lake Rosseau – from the dock, a boat, and even fly fishing in fishing
- Golfing next door at Windermere Golf and Country Club or at one of several championship clubs in Muskoka
- Hiking in picturesque forests and nearby Algonquin Park
- Relaxing in the privacy of a Muskoka room or on a Muskoka chair on the dock
- Shooting hoops on the basketball court
- Shuffleboarding on a lazy afternoon
- Swimming at Windermere’s beach or in the resort swimming pool
- Wall climbing and zip lining are just a short drive away
- Alpine skiing at Hidden Valley (just 30 minutes away) or at Mt. St. Louis Moonstone or Horseshoe Valley (one hour drive)
- Cross Country Skiing on groomed trails at nearby provincial parks, and on natural trails around the resort property
- Ice fishing on Lake Rosseau
- Making snowmen and having snowball fights
- Skating and playing hockey on outdoor rinks on Lake Rosseau
- Snowmobiling safaris on world famous trails in Muskoka
- Snow shoeing and winter trekking
In Every Season:
- Shopping in carriage trade towns of Port Carling, Bracebridge, and Huntsville
- Gourmet fireside dining with live entertainment at Windermere House
- Attending world class festivals and events – there is something happening every week in Muskoka, including annual celebrity events at Windermere House
- Working out in the indoor fitness center
- Spa’ing it at the resort or one of many fine leading spas in the region
- Enjoy programs and activities at the resort
- Spending time with family and friends in your own luxurious cottage
Click here for more information on attractions and events in Muskoka.